Medicate Spiritual Problems?
Wondering if we should medicate spiritual problems away? Searching for more understanding about psych meds and their side-effects on people in the process of spiritual growth or personal transformation?
Meet some knowledgeable psychiatrists and researchers who can introduce you to some little known facts about psych meds as well as options to optimize mental health without psych meds.
Of course, a responsible and cautious use of psych meds, used at the right time, can be very helpful…but, be aware, they can also dull sensitivities and obstruct spiritual growth.
You will learn:
- Prescription Drugs Have Benefits and Risks
- See Peter Goetzche, MD talk about What Research Shows
- See David Healy, MD talk about What People Experience on Psych Meds
- See Peter Breggin, MD talk about Spell Binding is Not Just for Witches
- Learn Where to Get Help with Withdrawal from Meds
- Explore New Options: Mark Hyman, MD: Functional Medicine
When: At your convenience
Your take home:
- Become more knowledgeable about the impact of psych meds in general
- Become more “integrative”in your approach to healthcare–as a consumer or a provider
- Understand more deeply how psych meds may impact the process of spiritual growth
- This course is for educational purposes only. It is not meant to replace consultation with a trusted healthcare provider.
There are 3 modules with several activities which you can follow in sequence or as you wish, aka cherry pick what interests you or follow the suggested sequence. For the most part: You’ll watch videos, but there is some reading, and the opportunity to discuss with other students and the facilitator, via a comment box, if you wish…so you don’t have to sort out this complex field on your own, spinning through google.
Emma Bragdon, PhD is the Founder/Director of Integrative Mental Health for You. She was licensed as a Marriage, Family, Child Therapist in 1988 and has been involved with teaching complementary therapies for 45 years. She has written 7 books and co-produced two documentary films. EmmaBragdon.com
Course Fee: FREE! Please register by clicking on the button below.
If you feel that this course has been helpful to you please make a donation at http://www.imhu.org/donation. IMHU is a not for profit charitable organisation that relies on donations and class registrations to maintain its services.