Online Webinar Series with Emma Bragdon, PhD
Intuitions (aka psychic experiences) that allow us to perceive subtle energies are usually considered “anomalous,” “noetic,” “mysterious,” “powerful,” and/or “scary”–in the USA. Speaking about them makes people often feel anxious and fear their mental health may be called into question. Even highly intuitive medical doctors and nurses who are extraordinarily successful in their work may shy away from sharing in words how it is they seem to “know” what their patients need without looking at any observable measures.
Being highly intuitive and/or seeing/feeling subtle energies in Brazil is recognized as a potential sign that a person may have gifts in facilitating others in recovering or improving health. Those with abilities can easily get ongoing training and join a support group for study and practice to harness their abilities.
In 4 pre-recorded webinars we’ll discuss the territory of having psychic experiences and developing intuition. The presentations are seasoned with wisdom from Brazil’s Spiritist practices as well as Yogic Philosophy to give a trans-cultural perspective on intuition and mediumship. We emphasize the positive potentials of developing intuition as well as identifying the risks and demands of assuming a role that is labeled psychic medium, healer, or sensitive.
Your Take Home:
- Get a clear map of the territory of subtle energies and thus be able to make more informed personal decisions about your motivation and direction in developing your own gifts/ intuition
- Know the ‘rules of the road’ in negotiating subtle energies safely so you don’t lose your mental equilibrium, your ethics, or both
- Understand how you might want to integrate medical intuition into your work and your personal life
- Enhance your discernment about best uses for yourself and others
- More fully integrate your experiences of being with psychic healers and mediums in the past
- Comprehend the benefits and risks of focusing on phenomena of subtle energies
- Assess the ethical considerations/ power dynamics involved
- Obtain appropriate resources for developing your intuition
AGENDA-Explore Subtle Energies:
- Intuition and Psychic Opening: What’s It Good For?
- Spiritism, Spiritualism, and Ancient East Indian Wisdom
- Overview: Benefits and Risks of Developing Intuition
- Repressed Mediumship vis a vis Integrating Our Gifts
- We Are All Mediums (at least in Brazil)
- Rising Above Temptations: The Best Uses of Mediumship
- The 5 Levels of Intuition
- God’s Will for You vis a vis Your Decision
- Rules of the Road
- Know the Territory & Know Thyself
- Types of Mediumship & Their Aptitudes
- Power Dynamics and Ethical Considerations
- Where Are You Now and Where Do You Want to Go?
- Support: Supervision, Fellowship and Family
- 3 Most Important Practices of Mediumship
- Illuminating the Path That’s Right for You
Emma Bragdon, has a PhD in transpersonal psychology and was licensed as a Marriage, Family & Child Therapist in 1988. Since 1991 she has been teaching experiential courses that empower spiritual evolution in a safe way—creating maps and helping students build bridges into inner worlds formerly perceived as “otherworldly” as well as “enlightening.”
Emma will draw from years of experience (since 2001) studying, publishing 7 books, and creating 2 documentary films on the subject of Spiritism and spiritual healing in Brazil. Emma has been personally recognized as a highly trained medium in Brazil and worked in that capacity in Spiritist Centers in Brazil. She leads groups of health providers on weeklong seminars to Brazil once a year to learn from the Spiritist Psychiatrists and Medical Doctors and mediums who collaborate there in hospital settings and community centers. EmmaBragdon.com
A series of 4 online pre-recorded webinars–each 75 min long. The modules come to you all at once, at registration –so you can watch the webinars when the time is right for you– in sequence or not. Emma Bragdon is facilitating each webinar, showing slides, and responding to questions. Also included: on-topic articles, impactful videos to bring more dimension to the content, online discussion with other students and facilitator, and recommended reading.
Participants need access to the internet through computer or mobile devices.