The Best Models
Usually we can only choose between an emergency room, a hospital ward, or a clinic with an individual healthcare provider when caring for someone in an extreme state.
See 5 unique video interviews that offer effective alternatives. Learn from psychiatrists Judith Pentz, Rick Leskowitz, and Dagmar Ramos, as well as Beatrice Birch and Diana Cooper, a mother of a man who has been through it all. Review resources of models from USA, Norway and Brazil.
Your Take Home:
- Several working models for residential care
- Several working models for collaborative clinics
- Contact information
- More natural options to treat the causes of problems
- Become more “integrative”–as a consumer or a provider
- Hope for the future of mental healthcare
Dates: At your convenience
Structure: There are 3 modules which you can follow in sequence or cherry pick what interests you. During 2 hours or so you’ll watch videos, have some reading, and discuss with other students and the facilitator, if you wish. Dr Bragdon has created a thoughtful interweaving of information to help the viewer understand the resources of Integrative Psychiatry as it applies to the workings of innovative residential facilities and collaborative clinics…You don’t have to sort out this complex field on your own, spinning through google and youtube. We’ve done the sorting for you.
- A Mother’s Story with Her Schizophrenic Son
When Someone is in an Extreme State
- Loren Mosher, MD: Soteria House Worked!
- Judith Pentz, MD: Why We Need Soteria Now
- Dagmar Ramos: What Brazil’s Spiritism Offers
- Beatrice Birch and Inner Fire
- No Meds in Norway?: You Choose
Creating Successful Teams
- Scott Shannon, MD: A Model Mental Health Center
- Rick Leskowitz, MD: Pain Management and The Joy of Sox
Facilitator: Emma Bragdon, PhD
is the Founder/Director of Integrative Mental Health for You., IMHU.org She was licensed as a Marriage, Family, Child Therapist in 1988 and has been involved with teaching complementary therapies for 45 years. She has written 7 books and co-produced two documentary films. EmmaBragdon.com