Let’s dwell on the GOOD NEWS for helping those who want to overcome ADHD traits that are troublesome and treasure their natural gifts. In this course you receive:
- 10 effective alternatives to ADHD medications,
- The benefits you receive in using them,
- The positive potentials that can emerge.
- 10 easy things you can do at home to help your kids overcome ADHD,
- 6 valuable resources for more help if you need it.
- 10 things to watch for to eliminate ADHD
You will see the news briefings from current research without having to wade through it yourself, saving you time, and making it easier to make wise decisions to improve the life of your family. You will watch presentations by two psychiatrists who specialize in this area—giving you practical information you can use today. Prepare for some laughs, too. We give you entertaining respites.
There is no pre-requisite for this course. However, people unfamiliar with ADD and ADHD are advised to take Part One prior to taking this course.
When: Available on sign-up
Where: Online in a user-friendly platform for learning.
Format: This course has five sections and a Bonus section. Each has a sequence of online activities. Each can be done within 5-20 minutes. You can do the activities at any time convenient for you. Activities include watching videos, reading brief articles and participating in online discussion with other students and the facilitator. Course modules are delivered all together so you can follow the sequence we suggest or cherry pick.
- Overcome ADHD-Course Introduction
- Message from the Facilitator
- The Spin from Pharmaceuticals
- The Effects of Adding Marijuana
- Effective Alternatives: Food First
- Judy Tsafrir, MD: Nutrition is Essential
- James Greenblatt, MD: Practical Advice on Nutrients
- Changing the Diagnosis
- Effective Alternatives: Training Attention
- Simon Says Do This
- Neuro-feedback Trumps Bio-feedback
- Millie Mindfulness Comes to School
- Effective Alternatives: Social & Spiritual Alliances
- Please Pass the Peas
- Spirituality Sits at the Head of the Table
- Accentuate the Positive
- How to Encourage Brilliance
- Meet Erica Goldson (18 yrs old): Says Yes to Creativity
- Meet Logan LaPlante (13 yrs old): Loves His School
- Meet Jack Andraka (15 yrs old): Contributes to Oncology
- Bonus: More on Pills and Profits
Emma Bragdon, PhD, has a PhD in transpersonal psychology and was licensed as a Marriage, Family & Child Therapist in 1988. Emma will draw from 14 years of experience studying, publishing 7 books, and creating 2 documentary films on subjects pertaining to integrative health. EmmaBragdon.com
Judy Tsafrir, MD is a board certified, conventionally trained adult and child psychiatrist and psychoanalyst, located near Boston, Massachusetts and affiliated with Harvard University.
Although familiar and skilled in working within a traditional medical/psychiatric model, Dr. Tsafrir is now much more drawn to nutritional approaches to healing, as well as more unconventional energetic/holistic/ spiritual approaches. She has a goal of helping her patients heal with natural means: foods, detoxification and natural supplements. She believes that healing occurs through the integration of heart, mind, body and spirit. JudyTsafrirmd.com
About Dr. Tsafrir:
“Dr. Tsafrir is patient and firm. She won’t force an idea or approach but she does repeatedly find opportunities to gently introduce new ideas in a way that feels safe. I look forward to our sessions and feel significant transformation is underway for me… I’m delighted to be on this journey with Dr. Tsafrir as my companion. She is supporting me as I am inspired to review my life with new insight, awareness, and the possibility of breaking free from longstanding patterns.” — M.Y. Framingham, MA
Continuing Education Credit: You can sign up for 10 hours of continuing education or CME for medical doctors. There is an extra charge of $50. for health providers receiving CEs for Parts 1 & 2 of this course. Contact info@IMHU.org for more information.
Thanks to Artist of graphic for course: Benjamin Arthur