This course will help you:
- Assess the value of psychiatric medications
- Understand why we continue to rely on psychiatric medications
- Offer qualified reasons not to over-rely on these medications
- Discover resources for making informed decisions about psych meds
- Learn about effective alternatives to psych meds
- Find practitioners near you who use an integrative approach
- Learn about natural options to treat the causes of problems
- Become more “integrative”–as a consumer or a provider
Dates: At your convenience
There are 4 modules which you can follow in sequence or as you wish, cherry pick what interests you. You’ll watch engaging videos, have a little reading, and discuss with other students and the facilitator, if you wish. You’ll enjoy an interlude with a comedian—Laughter is, after all, the best medicine.
The vids you will see of influential MDs and psychiatrists are leading us away from drive-thru psychiatry (relying too heavily on psych meds) to a more effective, humane way of overcoming mental health problems.
Dr Bragdon has created a thoughtful interweaving of information to help you understand the value of Integrative Psychiatry, and be able to find an integrative psychiatrist to assist with optimizing mental health…so you don’t have to sort out this complex field on your own, spinning through google and youtube.
2. Risks of Prescription Drugs:
- Peter Goetzche, MD
- David Healy, MD: What People Experience on Psych Meds
- Peter Breggin, MD: Spell Binding is Not Just for Witches
- Help with Withdrawal from Meds: Mad in America Resources
3. Taming the Dragons of Autism and ADHD
- Labeling ADHD Like Crazy
- What is ADHD: A Disease? Set of Behaviors? Symptoms of Nutritional Needs?
- James Greenblatt, MD: Natural Protocols To Overcome ADHD
- Dietrich Klinghardt, MD: A Cure for ADHD and Autis
4. How to Find a Referral or Acquire Training
Facilitator: Emma Bragdon, PhD
is the Founder/Director of Integrative Mental Health for You, IMHU.org. She was licensed as a Marriage, Family, Child Therapist in 1988 and has been involved with teaching complementary therapies for 45 years. She has written 7 books and co-produced two documentary films. EmmaBragdon.com