Peer Support, Art Therapist
(Some of) My story:
I experienced depression in my late twenties, and then again in my late thirties after the birth of my second child. On both occasions, I experienced confusion, lack of purpose, and overwhelm. Over time, I came to understand this as the gift of spiritual emergence which unfolded over many years, opening me up to the creativity I had undervalued and ignored for decades.
I worked in the theatre industry for 3-4 years. I was a program coordinator at a University Medical School for 3 years.
In my late fifties, I embarked on a new life course: I set up my own coaching and art therapy business. At last, I had found My Thing! The two major discoveries were finding my own authentic purpose, and being able to infuse that with creativity. It brought, and continues to bring, great joy and the spiritual meaning that was missing in my life.
I help women aged 40+ to re-connect with themselves and their innate creativity (however that is expressed). Together we work to get their lives back on track and find an authentic way for them to make a contribution to their worlds. I have been running community art projects with people who have experienced significant life crises (grief, loss, loved ones with dementia). This included refugee groups and trauma survivors, migrants affected by HIV/AIDS, and women prison inmates.
Through my business, Art of Life Coaching, I offer small group and one-to-one Life Purpose coaching (supported by transpersonal art therapy) in person and online. My work experience includes coaching and mentoring small-business owners, one-to-one art therapy sessions at GROW (a peer-supported mental health recovery organization).
I believe each one of us is a spiritual being and we need to learn how to embody and express this so that we can live the potential we were born with. I see this potential in my clients (even if they can’t!), and it’s my intention to work with them to bring it into the light so they can see it, too.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Theatre Arts
- Advanced Diploma in Arts Management
- In 2016 I completed an Advanced Diploma in Transpersonal Art Therapy
Other Relevant Training
- Between 2017 and 2022, I attended several courses with the Feminine Power/Evolving Wisdom organization, including completing their 2-year Coaching and Facilitation certifications with Dr Claire Zammit.
- I am an ongoing member of Craig Hamilton’s meditation program, The Awakened Life.
- For 25 years I have been an active member of the Western Australian School of Practical Philosophy and I am a co-tutor for their foundation courses. The philosophy sessions focus on applying the wisdom from many traditions to our modern daily lives, and draw on spiritual practices that include mindfulness and meditation.
- In the 1980’s I trained as a breathwork/rebirthing practitioner, and practised Reiki (Level 1) and remedial (Swedish) massage.
- A two-day ASIST Suicide intervention training program.
“Please contact me via my email if you'd like to connect for a complimentary 15-20-minute phone consultation, to see if we're the right fit!”