Perth and Salzburg
Australia and Austria
Lily Taylor, MA, PhD.
Spiritual development has been an integral part of my life since childhood when I used to visit the local church – a medieval, gothic cathedral in Austria outside of mass times to simply sit and be still. I have vidid memories of experiencing a sense of the peace and the sacredness of the space.
I grew up in a Catholic country where my religious education included both Catholicism at school and Lutheran, protestant ideas at home through my mother and her family. Later as an adult I became interested in other religions and in spirituality in a more general sense involving formal and informal study and learning. I have been practising yoga and Buddhist meditation for the past twenty years.
Whilst my own experiences have mostly been in-line with spiritual emergence rather than spiritual emergency, I have had times when I felt ‘spiritually challenged’. I have however witnessed friends in spiritual crisis who were faced with a lack of understanding by their community and who did not receive the support they would have needed. I have seen firsthand how much suffering can be caused by a misguided response to a person’s developmental, spiritual crisis. I have come to understand that listening with an open mind and not pathologising experiences is a vital ingredient in supporting somebody effectively. I feel confident being with people who are in the process of integrating unusual, spiritual experiences be it through support groups or through 1:1 counselling.
Language Spoken:English & German
- Mag. rer. nat. (~MSc) Master of Natural Sciences / Secondary Education from University of Salzburg, Austria
- PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) from Curtin University, Perth, Australia
- MCouns (Master of Counselling) from University of Notre Dame Australia, Fremantle, Australia
- Advanced Diploma in Transpersonal Art Therapy from IKON Institute, Perth, Australia
- Executive Certificate in Positive Psychology Coaching (University of Technology Sydney, Sydney, Australia)
- Postgrad Cert in Project Management in Educational Contexts (Pedagogical Academy, Graz-Eggenberg, Austria)
Other Relevant Training
- Coach in Adult Education (Communication) (Josef-Krainer-BIldungshaus, Graz, Austria)
- [Women-Centred Coach (Feminine Power, US) – to be completed this year]
- FOCCUS Facilitator (Pre Marriage) (CMFS, Australia)
- Eating Disorder Essentials and Psychological Approaches for Clients with weight Concerns (ACFED, Australia)
- Practitioner of Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) (NLP Institute, Munich, Germany)
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA, Australia)
- Suicide Prevention (Mental Health Academy, MHA, Australia)
- Disaster Mental Health Counselling (Live Specialisation, MHA, Australia)
- Recognising and responding to domestic and family violence (LIFELINE, Australia)
- Counselling Supervisor (Australian Counselling Association, ACA)
- Mindfulness in Therapeutic Practice (MHA)
Offering 1-1 support
1: 1 counselling (online available)
[I am a qualified coach but my training is not registered by International Coach Federation]
Offering support groups
Yes, together with another SEC Coach
FeeA set fee - to be negotiated.
Support group plan...
1.5 hours sessions
Co-facilitator: Susan Morrison, Iris Whitlock
On location, if possible
“Please contact me via my email if you'd like to connect for a complimentary 15-20-minute phone consultation, to see if we're the right fit!”